I have found it particularly difficult to get decent photos of the track, the camera always wants to focus on something else!
However, I hope these pics will give you an idea on how I did it.
Firstly, with the boards all joined up, the track laid where it should go. the points where the rails crossed the joints were marked and the track removed. Small brass (MUST be brass) screws were inserted into pre-drilled holes. the depth of the insertions are determined by the track just sliding over the top of the screws. The screws were tinned and the track
base removed at this area. The trackwork was
refitted and heat applied to bond the screws and track together.
When sure that the lot has been bonded, the track is
cut through with a razor saw, cleaned up and hopefully this will keep the ends of the trackwork in line for a very long time.
Now each time the boards are joined the track will align if this method, together with the board aligners have been used.